Area & Directions
A trip to Jefferson, Texas is a step back in time. The stories, legends, and lore abound as visitors make their way to this quiet, yet popular town for a myriad of reasons. Among skyscrapers, busy highways, and traffic jams, Jefferson remains an oasis for the weary traveler seeking solace for the soul and peace of the spirit. A stroll along the brick streets or standing along the banks of the Big Cypress River speaks volumes while one is only to be still and hear the whispers of its past while the present remains. We invite you to enter a place long ago, but not forgotten, where the living is easy and the era was golden.
There are numerous things to do in Jefferson, Texas, including activities for the whole family and for every type of trip. Whether you are looking for water activities, great shopping and dining, art museums, town carriage tours, or haunted excursions, you’ll never find yourself with nothing to do. Stay at the Carriage House bed and breakfast and discover all of the great activities to enjoy in Jefferson, TX! We’re sure you’ll come back year after year, generation after generation.
View Jefferson Things to Do in a larger map
Jefferson, Texas Area Activities
- New Kayak and Canoe Paddling Trails
- Wine Tour of the Jefferson Texas Area
- Antiquing and Shopping the Jefferson Texas Area
- Jefferson, Texas Restaurants – Wining and Dining
- Museums and Historic Homes in Jefferson Texas
- Romantic things to do in Jefferson, Texas
- Haunted Tours and Paranormal Adventures in Jefferson Texas
- Things to do the weekend of July 17th